The Most Used Word in 2020
You've probably noticed this word over and over again while scrolling through social media: WELLNESS
You might also refer to it as self care.
I like to think of self care as a conscious choice to find balance between your mental, physical, spiritual, and social well being.
If you're trying to find balance, reach your goals, and live with intention, purpose and joy here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you on your way.
1. What does self care look like to you?
2. What is taking up the most of your time? how do you feel about it? What can you do to reduce that time?
3. How do you stay focused during the day? Do you reach the goals that you set out to accomplish? What gets you off track? What can you do to make it better?
4. Who do you give most of your time and energy to? Do they appreciate it? how do you feel about it? What can you do to reduce that time from your routine?
5. How often do you exercise or move your body? How do you feel after you exercise? What counts as a successful exercise for you?
6. How are you learning to manage your triggers? what can you do to get better and heal?
Knowing yourself, looking at the big scheme and thinking about the details, learning, making changes, adapting, are the keys to living a life full of wellness.
I hope I gave you something to think about. These are great questions to bring up among friends, family and coworkers and start some meaningful and productive conversations.