Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
Did you know that Lemon water has wonderful benefits for your skin? Lemons are full of vitamins and nutrients like Vitamin C, B-Complex Vitamins, Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Magnesium, and fiber.
It’s recommended to drink a glass of warm lemon water everyday, first thing in the morning, before you have breakfast. Wait 30 minutes before eating so that your body can benefit from the lemon water. Here is how it’s made:
- Squeeze half a lemon into a glass
- Fill the glass with warm water. It is important to use warm water and not cold, because cold water can be shocking to your system early in the morning.
- Drink and enjoy.
Here are the wonderful benefits lemon water can have on your skin:
- Keeps your skin blemish free because of the high antioxidant content.
- The antioxidants can also repair damaged skin cells and get rid of fine line and wrinkles.
- Gives you glowing skin: Lemon water aids the liver’s functions of removing toxins from your blood and that will keep your skin glowing.
- Clears acne. Drinking lemon water constantly can help clear acne, skin infections and even clear out blackheads.
- Reduces scarring. It can also be put on scars and age spots directly to lighten them.
Here are some benefits lemon water can have on your hair:
- Strengthens hair by making hair follicles and roots healthy.
- Promotes hair growth because it’s a natural stimulant and because lemons contain the essential vitamins and minerals that aid in hair growth (vitamin C, Vitamin B, calcium and potassium)
- Treats dry scalp. Lemon water can also help treat dry scalp and dandruff because of its high antioxidant content.
Last but not least, here are the wonderful benefits lemon water can have on your body and over all health:
- Gives you an energy boost. Lemon water gives your body an energy boost when it reaches your digestive tract.
- Gives your immune system a boost, because lemons have a high content of vitamin C. Also, when you are stressed, your vitamin C levels drop. It’s a good idea to take Vitamin C on stressful days.
- Excellent source of potassium. Since lemons are full of potassium, they are great to keep your heart, brain, and nerves running smoothly.
- Aids Digestion: Lemon water is good for digestion because it helps loosen and remove toxins in your stomach. It also helps lessen indigestion signs like heartburn, burping and bloating
- Cleanses your system by removing the bad chemicals in your body because it supports your liver functions.
- Freshens your breath. Helps ease toothache and gingivitis.
- Helps you lose weight. Since lemon contains pectin fiber, it can stop you from feeling hungry and in this way help you lose weight.
- Reduces inflammation. If you drink it all the time, lemon water will lessen the amount of acid in your body and stop you from getting sick. It also stops swelling by getting rid of the uric acid in your joints
- It can also help lesson anxiety and depression even just by smelling a sliced lemon.
- Helps fight viral infections. Drinking lemon water is one of the best ways to fight viral infections and soothe the soar throat that comes along with them.
Drinking lemon water has so many benefits to our skin and health and it is one of the easiest changes we can make for the better.